Sunday, 20 October 2013

A New Chapter

I can only apologise for my absence on the whole blogging front.  I far underestimated how little time I would have to do all of the things that I wanted. A little while ago I got offered a full-time waitressing job which to go alongside my cleaning work takes up a lot of my time. No it’s not the dream, but for someone who has had such trouble finding a job in the past it’s a big step.
I’m still working on carving out that dream career I’ve always dreamed of, and believe me that fire in my belly is stronger than ever. But right now having guaranteed work is a huge stepping stone for both mine and Simon’s future.  
 
Secondly.
The wedding is drawing ever nearer, with less than nine months to go the planning and preparation has fully notched up a gear. Again I failed at underestimating the time and energy that goes into it. Emotionally I feel a little bit overwhelmed, even the smallest of things (listening to our first dance song) and wondering how I will cope when it’s time for my Dad to give me away.

Running.
  Is my life line, I live and breathe it. Which I never thought in a million years I would. I can’t imagine a time in my life where running was not a part of it. I feel a zest for life when I run, I feel alive and at my fittest.  Exercise and healthy eating is a big part of my life, and takes up a lot of my spare time. I’ve worked hard for my body and having lost 4st in weight, I’m determined to stay both fit and healthy.

So where does this leave the blog?

Well I’ve realised a lot of things have changed, but deep down I’m still the girl who loves to write. I still love to engage and oh heck I love vintage, charity shops and second-hand so we’ll just see where this journey takes us. 

7 comments:

  1. lots of love! i hope you aren't taking on too much with both of your jobs, but i can't wait to see your wedding prep on the blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you keep blogging (but only if it's not a chore!). I'm glad you are in a much more positive space now, and I hope that things continue to go well for you <3 I can only imagine how excited you are with all of the wedding preparations etc! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Selfishly I'd love you to keep blogging as I love to read your posts. I really hope that you find a way to balance work and your wedding prep, don't forget to enjoy it as it only happens once (that's the idea)! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to see a post from you sweetheart <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh Alice, welcome to the world of work - it's awful!! Seriously, hope you're ok and not too worn out. Lovely to hear from you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a joy to see a post from you again my love, good to see your keeping busy too. I do hope you keep blogging - love seeing other peoples vintage picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely to see a post from you and with such exciting news too, well done on the job, at least it brings you one step closer to your goal!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from you.